Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Spiced Applesauce Bread/Muffins

This recipe has become a staple in our household. I make up a batch and make them into mini muffins, freeze them and then we just pull out however many we need when we need them. My daughter would eat them all day long if I let her.

The original recipe is for a bread, but I have made them into bread, muffins and mini muffins. All work great. The orginal recipe also had milk in it but I just cut it out and it tastes just as great. The sliced up apple is something I added.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
2 cup flour
1 apple cut chopped-the size I do depends on the what I am making.
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. allspice
1/4 tsp. salt

~Preheat oven to 350.
~Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
~Mix together all other ingredients, add in dry ingredients mixing well.
~Add in chopped apple.
~Bake for 15-18 mins for mini muffins and 60 mins for bread.

1 comment:

  1. This was a great recipe that we keep making. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete